Dauphine Logement is the Université Paris-Dauphine housing website. Exclusively reserved for Dauphine students, the web site is a "one-stop shop" for off-campus housing be it with a private landlord or in a student residence. The site also provides you with all the essential legal and administrative information you will need.

A selection of housing is reserved for international exchange students enrolled at Dauphine. Dauphine international exchange students will receive a link to activate their ENT digital space account in July or December (for 2nd semester exchange students). The  ENT password will also give you access to Dauphine Logement housing offers.

Visit the Dauphine Logement web site at www.logement.dauphine.fr

Please note:
When looking for housing you will need a “guarantor”, a person or an organization, to guarantee the rent and bills if you are unable to pay. Landlords require a guarantor whose income is at least three times higher than the rent. The guarantor can be someone you know or a member of your family.

How to find accommodation in Paris and in around Paris?

As far as housing goes, it is important to plan ahead!
The Paris student housing market is tight: demand is high and the number of spaces available in student residences is limited. So it is important to take care of your housing AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE and consider not only the student residence option but also renting from a private landlord.

Short term solutions

Temporary solutions

Short-term stay facilities

Hostels :

Inexpensive hotels :

Long-term Accommodation

Private run student residences:

Renting a flat: Real-estate agencies

There are numerous agencies in Paris and the surrounding area. They generally ask for an agency’s fee, a financial guarantee and three months’ rent in advance.

Lodging with a family or at a private home :

You can also opt to rent a room from or be hosted by a French family through various organizations some of whom pre-screen and select potential host families. (see below)

Useful links for host family or private home stays:

General housing information and specialized websites

Rental offer web sites

Flat-share websites

Other useful links

  • de Particulier à Particulier a magazine specialized in classified adds for housing etc.
  • Daily newspapers rental property pages: Libération, Le Monde, Le Figaro, Le Parisien, L'Etudiant etc...
  • L'Office de Tourisme de Paris, (The Paris Tourist Information Bureau)
  • Lodgis (finished apartments) - 47, rue de Paris - 75010 Paris - Tel: +33 (1) 70 39 11 11,
  • Locaflat (Student rooms) - 63, avenue de la Motte-Picquet
    75015 Paris
    Tel: +33 (1) 43 06 78 79,
  • The Paris City Hall web site (La Mairie de Paris)

Financial assistance and housing subsides

 You can apply for housing assistance to pay for your accommodation if you have limited resources. Housing assistance is paid by the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales de Paris (CAF). To get CAF you need to


If you have limited resources, you may apply for housing assistance benefits.

Students who meet the qualifying conditions can benefit from rent subsidies paid out by the French Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF).

To qualify for housing subsidies, you must be a tenant or co-tenant and have had a lease or rental agreement in their you name for at least three months (if you are sharing a rental, make sure that both or all names appear on the lease).

All types of housing qualify for the rent subsidies: student halls, student residences, hostels and private housing both furnished and un-furnished.

Don’t forget that you will need housing insurance. Student insurance companies offer a wide range of policies.