Validating past professional experience (V.A.E.)
You want to :
- Obtain a national or university diploma
- Valorise your competences
- Update your scientific knowledge
- Change your professional orientation
- Benefit from the methodological inputs of the University
The Restart Studies and Validation of Acquisitions of Experience Office (REVAE) of Executive Education programs can help you to execute your project in the Economic, Law, Logistics and Management disciplines. It has set up a validation of acquisitions of experience procedure, according to the existing laws and decrees (decree of 23rd August1985, provisions of the Code of Education modified by the law of 17th January 2002, decree of 24th April 2002).
The REVAE office proposes :
- information and advice to meet your needs,
- orientation towards the pedagogical component which best suits you
Personal support for an individualized track
- assistance in the elaboration of the validation file,
- support in your ongoing training process
Thus you can
Have access to the level of education you may not have been entitled to on the basis of the diplomas you have obtained: decree of the 23th August1985 (VA 85),
Obtain partial or total certification of a diploma in justifying your professional competences, knowledge and aptitudes demanded for obtention (law of 17th January 2002 and decree of 24 th April 2002) (VAE 02)
Steps for the VAE procedure
The VAE candidate should be able to show the validation jury the proof concerning knowledge and the aptitudes required for the obtention of all or part of the diploma requested..
The candidate will do so through a comprehensive file tracing work experience and an interview with the validation jury. He will be accompanied by a tutor-expert in his work of constitution of files and the elaboration of necessary proof for the jury to validate work experience.
The candidates must follow a six-step procedure in order to claim a VAE; please check the following details:
Etape 1 – Reception information
The VAE Office is at your service to:
- Welcome you
- Inform you
- Direct you
- Inform you about the VAE steps to take.
- Show you how to finance and how to mount your file.
Etape 2 – Consulting directly
You complete a project form.
At the reception desk, the VAE office will analyze the demand and decide on the administrative admissibility and the educational feasibility of your demand.
Your demand receives a favorable reply :
You accept the procedure by signing a contract. Supervision may be suggested in the form of individual interviews or collective workshops. University enrolment must also be done in simultaneously
Your demand receives an unfavorable reply :
Your advisor will help you as much as possible to find a solution adapted to your project. Under your responsibilty, you can also choose to pursue your demand.
Etape 3 – Accompanying the VAE
You can benefit from methodological and pedagogical supervision to build your VAE file and the presentation in front of a jury.
- To help you to look for relevant evidence.
- To help you to describe precisely and to formalize your experience.
- To help you to link your experience and the course contents.
- To help you to identify your knowledge and your skills.
- To prepare you for the interview with the jury.
Etape 4 – Interview with the validation jury
You will exchange with the jury during an interview of about 30 minutes based on your file. This is your opportunity to recall your path, your project and to highlight the link between your work experience and the diploma targeted.
Etape 5 – Decision of validation
The three-fold decision :
- Total validation : the jury decides to deliver the diploma in tis entirety
- Partial validation : the jury decides to partially validate the diploma and issues regulations (restart studies, working situation, ...) in view of obtaining a diploma
- Refusal of validation
This decision is notified in writing by the President of the University. On reception, the REVAE office sends a copy to your domicile.
Etape 6 – Oversight of the regulations
In the case of partial validation, an interview with a counsellor is proposed to organize administrative and pedagogical oversight for your restart studies.
For more informations www.formation-continue.dauphine.fr