Université Paris-Dauphine signs the Jussieu Call!
On March 12th, Université Paris-Dauphine signed the Jussieu Call for Open Science and Bibliodiversity.
In 2017, a French collective of researchers and scientific publishing professionals launched the Jussieu Call for Open Science and Bibliodiversity, joining over 60 signatories to date.
The Jussieu Call advocates alternative models to traditional scientific publishing which is still dominated by a small group of powerful publishers who benefit from the persistent trend to “publish or perish”. It calls for greater Open access and new, innovative models for scientific publishing.
The Jussieu Call highlights the following action items :
- Support scientific bibliodiversity (diversity of authors and publishers)
- Increase investment in developing new and innovative publishing models based on Open Source tools
- Overhaul current research evaluation systems
- Develop tools for exploring and analyzing data (Text and Data Mining)
- Create infrastructures that facilitate and promote Open Access to scientific publications in order to avoid privatization of access
For more information: http://jussieucall.org