Join us for Dauphine’s Daufunk festival’s 10th birthday on Saturday, February 10th 2018
For the past 10 years, L'Oreille de Dauphine has organized a festival devoted to an eclectic selection of music and artists: jazz, rap, swing, hip-hop, disco, psychedelic, and most of all funk. All proceeds will go to the Mission Enfance non-profit association.
On stage for our 10th anniversary edition:
- Courts : straight from London, this young, five-piece band mixes funk, hip-hop, disco and indie rock. They have released three singles to date and Elton John himself is a fan! They are considered one of the UK’s rising stars.
- Cotonete : in the early 2000’s, keyboard player Florian Pellissier and saxophonist Frank Chatona decided to put together a group devoted to the irrepressible, elegant jazz-funk of the 1970’s combined with Brazilian nonchalance and percussive rhythms. The two founders were progressively joined by a drummer, a guitarist and bass, trombone, and trumpet players. Cotonete performs regularly in public.
- Lehmanns Brothers : This young ensemble has played Jazz festivals from Angoulême to Montreux and shared the stage with Wu-Tang Clan, avec Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley, Electro Deluxe and Joey Starr! Their music is a subtle mix of eras and styles, vibrant sound, and bewitching rythms! It is impossible not to be swept away by their signature dance sessions, their opening numbers and the scope of emotions that their music elicits!
All proceeds will go to the Mission Enfance non-profit association.
- When: February 10th, 2018 from 6:30 pm to midnight
- Where: Université Paris-Dauphine, Edgar Faure Auditorium
- Getting there: Metro Line 2, Porte Dauphine station – RER Line C, Avenue Foch station - Bus PC1, Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny stop
- Ticket sales: 7 euros online pre-paid tickets, 9 euros for tickets purchased via Lydia, 10 euros at the door)